Lion and Unicorn

Nat Case hedberg at vermontel.net
Mon Sep 20 12:24:37 EDT 1999

I just finished reading the paper on Fire and Hemlock DWJ wrote in 1989,
which was published in The Lion and the Unicorn, Vol 13, No. 1.  It is an
excellent and eye-opening article, and I highly recommend it to any and all
to track down. It would be worth pursuing to see if it could be posted at
one of the DWJ sites. To me the most exciting thing was seeing some of the
other sources she relied on in making the book. TS Eliot, The Faerie Queen,
the Odyssey, and a whole load of others, were used in the structuring and
direction of the book, and in context these help explain a lot of the odd
angles the book has.

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc.