Heroic Titles

R.K.Macrae-Gibson at exeter.ac.uk R.K.Macrae-Gibson at exeter.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 06:13:23 EDT 1999

I've lurked on this list for a while now, so I suppose it's about
time I dived in! I've been a DWJ fan for 20ish years.
I've just read the first Harry Potter book, and when a colleague
asked me what I thought of it, my response was 'it's not a patch on DWJ'
of course then I had to explain who DWJ was. It doesn't seem fair, does it?
Torquil is a Scottish name, via Norse (as in Thor - Thork(et)ill) & Gaelic
(Torcail).
I think that it's a lovely name, but then I would, as one of my brothers is
called Torquil. As my sister's name is Catriona, Archer's Goon was a bit of
a surprise! Having said that I go mad if I see anyone else with my name!

Rowena Macrae-Gibson
(Just to pick up yet another thread, misspellings of my name are very common,
& so many people can't grasp the concept of a double-barrelled surname. Yet
another reason why DWJ is often misfiled under 'W')