Heroic Titles

Wed Sep 15 14:34:17 EDT 1999

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:48:00 -0400, McMullin, Elise wrote:

>	And what about Tor as in Torquil?  It means a hill, right?  A good
>word - I like it.

And I read--back to that ancient thread about The Grand Sophy as it relates
to Howl's Moving Castle--another book by Georgette Heyer called Cousin Kate
in which one of the main characters is named Torquil.  Quite a shock as I'd
never seen it anywhere but Archer's Goon.  Heyer's Torquil is physically a
little like DWJ's but otherwise is COMPLETELY different.

Melissa Proffitt