Heroic Titles

McMullin, Elise mcmullea at kl.com
Tue Sep 14 12:48:00 EDT 1999

Say, while we are at it, is there anything ominous about "Perry?"  I always
assumed Leroy would be like Le Roi; however, someone who ought to have
reasonably likely knowledge (having the last name Perry) has told me that it
meant - maker of pear wine.  Are the fair folk renowned for pear wine or
something?  Is there anything to it at all?

Elise

p.s. and was Perrier originally like farrier or cooper?

	And what about Tor as in Torquil?  It means a hill, right?  A good
word - I like it.