Wincon (Was RE: New book (and other things))

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 10:54:55 EDT 1999

Elise:

> I'd love it if you would describe Wincon and maybe a bit about dwj (although
> not the plot of the upcoming book!).  I've never been to a con and, of
> course, never seen dwj.  Is a fantasy/sci-fi con similar to the description
> in Deep Secret?  btw, was there any word of the release date for the Dark
> Lord sequel?  Are there really so many people of ambiguous gender at cons?
> And many beards, as well as mild mannered ladies?  Do people dressed as
> vikings sing the spam song?  Is it wacky?  I love wacky.  As you can see, I
> am wildly curious.

I'll second every word of that paragraph, individually and collectively.  I
wanted to go to Wantchester, sorry, Winchester, for the con last month, but I
had already made a commitment to play the organ at a friend's wedding, and she
decided to get married that Saturday, so I couldn't make it, which was a
complete zog.  (If Rachel had wanted me to be bridegroom at her wedding, rather
than organist, it would have been less of a zog... ;-) )

Philip.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

Nottingham, NG11 0EE, UK