Wincon (Was RE: New book (and other things))

McMullin, Elise mcmullea at kl.com
Tue Sep 14 10:36:11 EDT 1999

	Jess said:
	"Gosh, were you at Wincon too then or did she do a reading somewhere
> else? If the former, we may well have met."

And Lucy replied:
"Yes.  I was the one with a bewildered expression on my face, wondering when
> I was going to be thrown out for having unacceptably short hair.  Still,
> it
> made a re-reading of Deep Secret even more fun."

I'd love it if you would describe Wincon and maybe a bit about dwj (although
not the plot of the upcoming book!).  I've never been to a con and, of
course, never seen dwj.  Is a fantasy/sci-fi con similar to the description
in Deep Secret?  btw, was there any word of the release date for the Dark
Lord sequel?  Are there really so many people of ambiguous gender at cons?
And many beards, as well as mild mannered ladies?  Do people dressed as
vikings sing the spam song?  Is it wacky?  I love wacky.  As you can see, I
am wildly curious.

Elise