Heroic Titles

Sarah Imholt Arahsae at netscape.net
Mon Sep 13 01:05:48 EDT 1999

     Does anyone know the meaning behind the "Tan" in Tan Coul, Tan Audel,
etc?   I have always assumed it was just a title Polly made up that meant hero
or something, but I wondered if any of the wise and educated among us had more
info.

     Also, any approx release date on the NEW book?  Can't wait.  Dark Lord
came out for my birthday--hard to beat a gift like that...within reason, that
is!

Sarah the Oregonian

Oh-book recommendation-> Skellig, by David Almond.  Mysterious and haunting.
Anyone else read it?