Troubles with one's names

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Sep 11 11:24:02 EDT 1999

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca wrote:

> And as to troubles with one's names... well, my (full) name is Ioana
> Alexandra Bolintineanu, and I always knew the (Canadian) teacher had
> reached it when his/her brow and mouth puckered up and helpless
> noises began to emerge...

I draw attention to my surname: Andinach.
Spelled and pronounced in a variety of interesting ways.

I got off relatively lucky, though, being the second son; my parents
were determined that their first son would be Ramon and their first
daughter Ursula.

Ramon actually collects instances of misspellings of his name. Along
with the hereditary variations on Andinach, he's got envelopes
addressed to "Raymond", "Roman", and even one "Vermont Andinach".

Paul
--
"...the greater part of my wardrobe is black... it's a sensible
 colour. It goes with anything. Well, anything black."