celtic bases

Thu Sep 9 22:33:50 EDT 1999

On Thu, 09 Sep 1999 09:23:31 -0400, Nat Case wrote:

>I think the responses kind of made my point... there are all sorts of
>fantasies using Wales and Welsh as their basis, but relatively few Scots
>Gaelic, Cornish or Manx ones.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is _The Dark Lord of
Pengersick_ by Richard Carlyon, which is set in either the real Cornwall or
a fantasy equivalent.

I wonder how much the Arthur mystique has contributed to the Wales-based
fantasies?  There's just this notion floating around the fantasy idea-pool
of Wales as being Mysterious and Magical.

Melissa Proffitt
(who has a daughter named Teleri and a son named Rhys)