And Yet Another Newcomer

Wed Sep 8 23:16:46 EDT 1999

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:01:37 +0800 (WST), Paul Andinach wrote:

>On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>
>> I've just started listening to this!  I like Tony Robinson anyway,
>> but this is particularly good.
>
>*whimper*
>
>I've had it for years, but I've never been able to listen to it all
>the way through, because I got it second-hand and the tape keeps
>snapping.

(Melissa pats Paul sympathetically on the back)

My stereo--the one that is less than a year old, the one that is supposedly
new and fully functional--has two tape decks, both presumably in working
order, both of which like to eat tapes.  So far none of their victims have
been destroyed, and at least one of them has the goodness to stop and burp
to let me know that it just couldn't help itself any more.  I wonder if they
just get too WOUND UP in the story....Happens more frequently the longer
it's used.  Pretty nervewracking when you're really into the story; worse if
the tape happens to belong to the Library Nazis, who aren't sympathetic over
books that are ten minutes late....

Melissa Proffitt