Black Maria and PC

McMullin, Elise mcmullea at kl.com
Tue Sep 7 14:43:14 EDT 1999

	"Hmm.  I don't think many Brits are familiar with the vehicle,
either.  I think
> the title is a reference to a card game of that name (is this mentioned in
> the
> text?  I think it may be...).  AFAIK the card game is one of the "hearts"
> family
> - lose a lot if you capture the Queen of Spades ("Black Maria")"

	Well, that's two things I didn't know when I got up this morning.
We always call the Queen of Spades - La Bruja, which means The Witch.  It's
best if you roll the 'r' a lot as you slap the card down

	Darnitall people, I'm going to have to go back to the library Again
this week to get out Black Maria *and* Changeover.  It's been so long I've
forgotten the specifics.  I know that you know that I know that you know -
going to the library to get out good books is not exactly a hardship.  But I
must have 20 books out at the moment!

	Elise