dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #71

mwarner at azstarnet.com mwarner at azstarnet.com
Sat Sep 4 16:36:38 EDT 1999

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:17:52 +1000
>From: "Sally Odgers" <sodgers at hotnet.net.au>
>Subject: Re: intro and other stuff
>
>Try Margaret Mahy's THE CHANGEOVER, Antonia. That's a very, very good
>fantasy. So is Elizabeth Marie Pope's THE PERILOUS GARD.
>
>Sallyo.

Just finished The Changeover. Wow! I think I'm still way too in awe of the
book to write any smart coments, but I have to say I loved it. I liked the
style of writing, with all those nifty metaphors ( <---pretty smart comment
from me =) and the villain was really, really gross and creepy. I think I
read it in the time slot of two school days, a bad thing because it means
that for two days I didn't do homework (gulp) and I wish I was still
reading it. Now I'm reading Thicker than Water by Penelope Farmer, an
author somebody mentioned in there good authors list. I just noticed in the
back it says for Ages 11-15, and I, being 15, released a releived sigh and
continued reading. Almost didn't make it there! I wasn't able to find The
Perilous Gard, but thank you Sally for recommending* them.
bye for now,

Antonia

*sometimes I'll make up words that I'll translate from spanish, so if this
word sounds fishy to you all you have to do is look it up in a spanish
dictionary and you'll probably find it there. If you don't, then it's just
me making up words from who knows where =)