Randomly on Dalemark and Dindsenchas (Tangential to Re: Sense of Place)

McMullin, Elise mcmullea at kl.com
Fri Sep 3 18:52:41 EDT 1999

	Hallie said:
	"Appropos of not much. We were driving to school this morning, and
Becca
> said suddenly that her favourite word in Irish was tíreolaíocht meaning
> geography.  It's pronounced roughly tirra-lee-ach which sounds so
> beautifully wandery to me.  Perfect word for geography when considering
> all
> these Dalemark type travels."

	Ooh that is a neat word.  There's no way I'll ever remember how to
spell that!  Pretty neat how you can get your keypad to do those i's also ;)
That word sounds sort of impulsive, a roundabout kind of wandering.
	I think it would be so interesting to learn irish - it sounds oceany
to me, full of wave and woosh sort of noises and all the words sort of roll
around.  Like the name Shaughnessy - to me that sounds like the noise a wave
makes when it rolls kind of far up the beach and sort of hisses and seethes
over the sand. And that's so cool.
	Words are grand.

	Ah-ha, I have a haiku quote for that too,

	"New Year - the Basho-Tosei
	hermitage
	a-buzz with haiku."
	--Basho