Randomly on Dalemark and Dindsenchas (Tangential to Re: Sense of Place)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Sep 3 17:07:03 EDT 1999

Appropos of not much. We were driving to school this morning, and Becca
said suddenly that her favourite word in Irish was tíreolaíocht meaning
geography.  It's pronounced roughly tirra-lee-ach which sounds so
beautifully wandery to me.  Perfect word for geography when considering all
these Dalemark type travels.
Unless you've read _To Say Nothing of the Dog_, in which case _The Lady of
Shallot_ will have been spoiled for you for ever.
Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie

'On the other hand, the early worm gets eaten.'
        --Anon