Dead Can Dance and music

jenwa jhsung at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 1 17:03:36 EDT 1999

>I don't know which album of DCD it's on, but
>my grandfather translated 'I am stretched on your grave' from the original
>Irish, and then someone turned it into a song. I quite enjoyed their music.
>It was different. And I like different. I like the background music, and I
>just *love* 'I am stretched on your grave.' I don't know why, because it's
>a bit spooky.

it's at least on Toward the Within, which is a live album.  however, i think it
was previously done by Sinead O'Connor, who i believe they give credit to in the
liner notes.  i think i like the Dead Can Dance version the best.  :)  though my
favorite of their songs is The Wind That Shakes the Barley...  a stark and
well-told story with just Lisa Gerrard's gorgeous voice...
i think i'd agree the Dead Can Dance evokes some of the feel of DWJ.
things that are both complex but somehow clear and which touch a deeper part
of me...

--jenwa.