other authors to compare with DWJ

McMullin, Elise mcmullea at kl.com
Wed Sep 1 10:29:09 EDT 1999

	Hallie said:
	"Recently remembered a wonderful line from _Northanger Abbey_ which
pertains
> to the accessibility topic.  When Henry tells Catherine he understands her
> perfectly well, she replies:
> "Me? yes; I cannot speak well enough to be unintelligible."
>
> No wonder the Joyceans dislike Jane Austen."

	lol, I really have to read N.A. again - it's been out of my rotation
too long.  Just think how Jane Austen would have laughed at James Joyce. She
would have done that Mr. Bennet detached Enlightenment thing and had herself
a fulsome chuckle at Folly and Vanity.

	Elise