Hello, dwj list :-)

Irina Rempt-Drijfhout ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 31 13:49:43 EST 1999

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Sally Odgers wrote:

> > She fell off my must-buy list with _A Sudden Wild Magic_...I was
> > so disappointed by that book. :-( Haven't ever been able to bring myself
> > to read it again.
>
> I found this one grew on me. I've read it three times now, and it really
> does improve...

Someone told me it was horrible, and I read it anyway thinking "it
can only be better" and it was so much better that I liked it
straight away. Not as much as, to name a few, _The Homeward Bounders_
_Fire and Hemlock_ or (much later) _Deep Secret_; but if you don't
expect it to be like the rest you'll probably enjoy it a lot more.
And there are some really good little things in it - we still say
"it's trying to rain" when it's, well, trying to rain. Even if
there's no witch stopping it :-)

   Irina

                     irina at rempt.xs4all.nl (myself)
       http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/irina/index.html (English)