More magic stuff

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 29 09:26:11 EDT 1999

At 10:56 PM +0100 27/10/99, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Becca and I are reading Robin McKinley's _Beauty_ right now.  I'd read it
>before, a long time ago, but it's interesting re-reading it in the light of
>discussions here.  There's certainly a strong connection with F&H in the
>sense of a male hero "using" a female to save his own skin.  I think DWJ
>did a far better job in dealing with this potentially thorny issue, but
>what else is new!

I've only just read this book for the first time last week and I found it
just perfect - many thanks to SallyO who sent it to me - I know why people
are always putting it on their lists of great books.

I haven't read it twice yet so can't comment too much about it - the first
time I was just totally absorbed into it...

Anita