Where is everyone?

McMullin, Elise mcmullea at kl.com
Thu Oct 21 09:57:53 EDT 1999

And all this time I was thinking the list was down - because the site was
down last week.

So, er, what were we talking about?

Point of interest:
J. Rowling (Harry Potter)  was in my town yesterday for interviews and
signings and it was quite an event.  Newspaper, radio coverage and
interviews.  Probably t.v. as well but I didn't watch any.  Lots of social
interest stories about children making wizard costumes for halloween and
about screaming fans at the signings and much adoration.

I think it's pretty cool overall that kids and their grown-ups are
interested in these kinds of stories, but it mystifies me all the same on
any number of different levels - but this is just ongoing mystification and
I guess we've covered this on the list previously!  Rowling sounded really
nice & down to earth in her interview, so more writing power to her.

off to the daily round

elise