Reading (bookshop) recommendation time

Patrick M. Self pself30 at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 9 00:49:26 EDT 1999

Yep, Powell's is wonderful. I live near Salem, which is near Portland. I go
there every birthday and my mom gives me a "gift certificate" :) There is an
incredible variety of books there, and I've gotten a LOT of DWJ books there
I've never seen before. They also apparently import them from the UK because
they have paper back DWJ books that cost $10-20 and only have the cost in
pounds on the cover :) Its annoying that they cost so much, but with Powells
and my mom (who is a native Scotsman and visits there every year) most of my
DWJ books are from the UK. In fact, almost all of my favorite authors
are/were. Enid Blyton, believe it or not, was my favorite author when I was
very young. I still read her books when I'm in need of a "comfort" book :) I
also loved/love Douglas Adams, Edward Eager, E. Nesbit....A lot of my books
when I was younger came from Scotland :)

-Elizabeth-