Reading recommendation time

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Oct 5 13:12:45 EDT 1999

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Sally Odgers wrote:

> > Local Author Plug :
> >
> > Dave Luckett.
> > Remember the name. You'll have to, his books haven't been released
> > outside Australia yet...
>
> Hey Paul, what's Dave been up to? I've got one of his earlier books
> for young children. I didn't know he'd branched into older stuff.

I think his latest trilogy is actually his first older work, but it's
looking promising. At the launch of book three just before Worldcon,
respected sf scholar Van Ikin said something along the lines of
"Think of Sara Douglass as the Goliath of Australian heroic fantasy.
Now David is on the scene..."

And I've just realised that I forgot to mention what the books were
actually called.

The Tenebran Trilogy:
_A Dark Winter_ (Aurealis award, Best Fantasy Novel 1998)
_A Dark Journey_
_A Dark Victory_

By Dave Luckett.
Published by Omnibus Books with some reassuringly bad cover art.

Paul
--
"...the greater part of my wardrobe is black... it's a sensible
 colour. It goes with anything. Well, anything black."