introduction

PREISIG, Kylie Kylie.Preisig at qed.qld.gov.au
Tue Nov 30 20:06:27 EST 1999

> What bugs *me* is that it's really hard to find copies of the early
> books. I've have to resort to the Chivers Audio versions. Mind you,
> Ian Carmichael does such a good Lord Peter that that's not really a
> disadvantage.

Really?  LISWA is missing some?  Which ones?

I had no problems getting them when I was working my way through them, but I
only did half in WA, and the other half in QLD.

> This is the order I've been told:
>
> Whose Body?
> Clouds of Witness
> The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club
> Lord Peter Views The Body[*]
> Strong Poison
> Five Red herrings
> Have His Carcase
> Murder Must Advertise
> Hangman's Holiday
> The Nine Tailors
> Gaudy Night
> Busman's Honeymoon
> In the Teeth of the Evidence
> Striding Folly

In the Teeth of the Evidence also has Talboys, which is chronolically the
last Lord Peter story.

> and then _Thrones, Dominations_, which was written recently by
> somebody else, and which I've not heard good things about.

I rather liked it.  The mystery was pretty average, but I thought Jill Paton
Walsh did quite a good job of the developing relationship between Harriet
and Peter.  She did Sayer's style quite well.

Kylie