UK edition of 5th Elephant

Tue Nov 30 15:20:25 EST 1999

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:14:32 -0700, Jacob Proffitt wrote:

>Melissa's husband here.  I mostly lurk, and I think this is my first post to
>the list.  I'd like to thank you for the amazon.co.uk address.  What a
>marvelous site.  PLUS, it's connected to the Amazon.com site so my user
>information was already available (including shipping address and credit
>cards).  It was marvelous.  My total bill came to 13.28 pounds with shipping
>(about $22, though with the credit card exchange rate might get as high as
>$25) that will get it here by Christmas.  This is way better than the $50 I
>was looking at paying with others.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I can't believe the amount of ripping off that's going on.  People are
auctioning this book for incredible prices online.  I second those thank
yous.

>This is a Christmas gift, but it's not much of a surprise (that's okay, I
>know what she's getting me, too).  I'll see if I can't intercept this
>message on Melissa's machine just to preserve a *little* mystery, but that's
>not always possible, either ("Ah darn, honey, I wasn't able to order it from
>anywhere in time . . .").  If I'm unsuccessful, I'll just have to figure
>another way to surprise her.

Hahahahah, you wish.  (I wish.)

Thanks to everyone who was willing to help out.  I love that about this
list--everyone pitching in for everyone else.  And speaking of pitching in,
I am done with the Archer's Goon video...who's next?

Melissa Proffitt