UK edition of 5th Elephant

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Tue Nov 30 12:14:32 EST 1999

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:22:54 -0500 (EST), Clara Chen wrote:

>I second the suggestion of amazon.co.uk - they gave lovely discounts for
>people who preordered, though I'm not sure if they have discounts for it
>now.  (I wonder if they'll let me preorder now for the next one... I think
>it's scheduled to be released next November.  *grin*)

Melissa's husband here.  I mostly lurk, and I think this is my first post to
the list.  I'd like to thank you for the amazon.co.uk address.  What a
marvelous site.  PLUS, it's connected to the Amazon.com site so my user
information was already available (including shipping address and credit
cards).  It was marvelous.  My total bill came to 13.28 pounds with shipping
(about $22, though with the credit card exchange rate might get as high as
$25) that will get it here by Christmas.  This is way better than the $50 I
was looking at paying with others.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This is a Christmas gift, but it's not much of a surprise (that's okay, I
know what she's getting me, too).  I'll see if I can't intercept this
message on Melissa's machine just to preserve a *little* mystery, but that's
not always possible, either ("Ah darn, honey, I wasn't able to order it from
anywhere in time . . .").  If I'm unsuccessful, I'll just have to figure
another way to surprise her.  Seems I have some extra cash, now . . .

Jacob Proffitt