introduction

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 30 01:25:04 EST 1999

Yay!  Yet another Diana Wynne Jones and Dorothy Sayers fan!  How splendid!

One of my friends and I became friends suddenly, over a vile
cafeteria lunch, as we were randomly chatting about people with large
collections of given names, and
all of a sudden and simultaneously we were struck by the same idea and we
shouted "Peter Death Bredon Whimsey", to the confusion of most people
around us. This autumn another friend of mine and I insisted that she [my
friend the Sayers fan] read "Cart and Cwidder", and she loved it.

And my best friend, who introduced me to Diana Wynne Jones, has at my
insistence read "Strong Poison", and also liked it a lot.

Too little has been written of the delights of literary matchmaking.

Alexandra