HMC idea

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Nov 26 08:45:59 EST 1999

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 Philip.Belben at pgen.com wrote:

> I too think it is an excellent idea, but I feel compelled to suggest
> an alternative, if ony to provoke debate:
>
> Sophie has been using her (considerable) magic on Calcifer by
> talking to him...

That's the obvious alternative, yes. The thing is, I don't remember
Sophie ever saying to Calcifer anything like "You're really a nice
person underneath".

Oh good. An excuse for me to reread it again.
As soon as I've finished "Clouds of Witness". It's only halfway
through, and the detective's sister has already confessed to the
murder...

Paul
--
"...the greater part of my wardrobe is black... it's a sensible
 colour. It goes with anything. Well, anything black."