steam organs

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue Nov 9 16:50:53 EST 1999

In a message dated 11/9/99 10:39:12 AM, abhillel at hotmail.com writes:

<< Anyway - if indeed there never have been steam organs in our world, that's
clever little conceit of dwj's. Something that could and should have been
invented, but wasn't. There's a big famous one in the Dalemark books and one
on the paddleboat right at the beginning of Charmed Life.

Er, actually I suspect there have. Wasn't it a small steam organ that PDQ
Bach used to tour with (it's been some 20 years since I saw the show, so I'm
not sure, but it was a keyboard instrument, and ISTR had a boiler attached.