More magic stuff

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Nov 5 01:25:24 EST 1999

Alexandra wrote:

And what irks me is that this kind of honourableness
>has been described as "male" by even very intelligent writers

And Elise seconded this.

I can now say that I have it on the best authority (DWJ) that you are in
the best of company (DWJ)!  "The Heroic Ideal" article in the Lion and the
Unicorn deals at some length with her desire to write a book with a proper
female hero.  And many other fascinating things.  It's truly an amazing
insight into the depth of wisdom and knowledge DWJ brought to writing Fire
and Hemlock.  With all we've discussed on this list about it, there are
still lots of elements we haven't even touched on.

It's great being back to coming in late with things.

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie