Carol Oneir's Hundredth Dream

Carolyn Hotchkiss carolynh at capecod.net
Thu Nov 4 23:03:54 EST 1999

> My interlibrary loan of _Dragons and Dreams_ edited by Jane Yolen, which
> contains "Carol Oneir's Hundredth Dream" finally came into the
> library this
> week!
>
> I enjoyed the story very much.  I just love stories that take characters
> from another favourite story and give you a bit more of a glimpse
> into their
> lives.

  I read it myself, a while ago. I enjoyed it too, and not just as another
Chrestomanci book; the story itself was very intreiguing, especially in
light of the strong resemblemce of, say, Navis to Chrestomanci. Or Laurel to
the Witch of the Waste. Or Hildy and Ynen to Gwendolen and Cat.
  Or in light of _The Tough Guide to Fantasyland_.

Carolyn, who's pretty sure that won't give away any of the story, or, for
that matter, make any sense to anyone who hasn't read it.