dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #68

jessie shelton at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Thu Jul 29 16:43:54 EDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 Devra at aol.com wrote:

[for those confused, we are talking about trying to connect up *all* of
DWJ's multiverses.. including the one in Homeward bounders]

> Oh, yeek indeed.
>
> The only thing that saves us is that the beginning of Homeward Bounders is
> set in our own past, while Deep Secret is in our own present.  But maybe They
> can twist time --

Actually, the 'but' clause that I came up with was, how do we actually
know that Jamie's world is our own?  It could be just the next one over,
very similar, but for the matter of a couple hundred years..

not that I really believe that, but it's still enough to preserve the
sense of yeek.

jessie