Dubious Dean (off topic)

Jennifer Forsyth jforsyth at unr.edu
Thu Jul 29 15:01:52 EDT 1999

As one of Pamela Dean's biggest fans, I'm tempted to leap in and defend
her work passionately. Unfortunately, I don't think Juniper et al is her
best work. On the other hand, I was appalled by Tam Lin the first time I
read it, but now it's one of my favorite novels, so I'm hesitant *not* to
like Juniper in case I end up loving it and feel stupid that I didn't get
it the first couple of times through. Right now, though, I would say that
I (anomalously, for me) preferred the short story it came from. Have you
read any of her short fiction?

Jennifer Forsyth