Question about Howl's Saucepan Song

Jennifer Forsyth jforsyth at unr.edu
Thu Jul 29 14:40:11 EDT 1999

If I haven't been misled by anyone, it's a Welsh rugby song. I no longer
have the words to it, so I have NO way of checking the spelling, but it
starts off sounding like "sospan fach." I learned it when I was in a
musical version of "A Child's Christmas in Wales" and have always felt
inordinately smug for recognizing the allusion through no virtue of my
own.

Jennifer Forsyth