Dubious Dean (off topic)

McMullin, Elise mcmullea at kl.com
Thu Jul 29 14:28:23 EDT 1999

	A couple of folks have mentioned mixed feelings about Pamela Dean's
work.  I've read Tam Lin and just finished Juniper, Gentian and Rosemary
last week and I have to agree.  It's been a while since Tam Lin but I
felt very mixed about this latest.  Maybe she hasn't hit her stride yet.
 It seems what she is after is the bringing of magic, or the recognition
and perception of it, into our reality - an endeavor I favor 100%.  I
liked so many aspects of Juniper et al., so many good things
(particularly in that the author is a Laurie Anderson fan), but....

Elise

P.S. Happy vacationing to Nat and Melissa!