Idle comments on fire and hemlock books.

Nat Case hedberg at vermontel.net
Thu Jul 29 10:21:49 EDT 1999

I think the second parcel has in common a theme of "Things are not what they
seem."

Package #2:
Kipling. Kim. is a story about the Great Game and being a spy
Wells. The War of the Worlds. is about the threatening and terrifying
dominance by the Un-human
Chesterton. The Man Who Was Thursday. is still one of the classic
brain-warpers
Lewis. Perelandra. I don't know...

As to boy's vs girls books, I think the books all involve action, and are
just the sort of thing Tom (who was or is himself a boy) would give someone
he wanted to have understand his predicament.

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc.