Parental attitude; (was Diane Duane)

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Thu Jul 29 02:34:07 EDT 1999

> >run of and Save The World because the recognise their offspring really
know
> >what they're doing!

Has anyone read SWITCHERS and its sequel by Kate Thompson? The sequel has
some very disturbing scenes in it, but I like them a lot. The only thing is
I found the "threat' in the first book a bit unbelievable and the parental
attitude... well! If my 14 y-o daughter disappeared for a fortnight and
wouldn't say where she'd been I wouldn't let her go out again the next day
- or week! And in Book 2, while Tess is still 14, she's allowed to roam
around after dark on foot. Doesn't ring very true... or maybe Ireland is
safer than Tasmania?

Interested in my monthly newsletter? Details at
http://members.xoom.com/Sallyo/welcome.html