Millennium

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Fri Dec 31 10:42:15 EST 1999

	Sally, from my future, said:

	"Yes, here am I in the Year 2000 and everything is OK."

	Greetings from 1999!  I feel reassured that next year is going all
right so far  ;)

	When I was a kid I used to try to imagine what I'd be doing today,
but it was too mindboggling for me to imagine that I would be 29, much less
how this mysterious future me would spend the time.  I also figured I'd hear
that Prince song so constantly that I'd be really sick of it.  I thought
maybe I'd be at some tremendously grown-up party speaking to tremendously
adult people about unbelievably grown up things as an equal and wearing
dashing grown up clothing and so on.

	I'd like to report that I was totally wrong on all counts.  But not
hearing the Prince song very much is the one that surprises me the most.

	My new year's resolution is to read all dwjs over again at least
once - and to tackle the books I haven't read (so many!) on the survey
results lists.  What's yours?

	Happy new year

	Elise