[Re: [Re: Disappointing bits]]

Sarah Imholt Arahsae at netscape.net
Sat Dec 25 23:45:09 EST 1999

"Sally Odgers" <sodgers at hotnet.net.au> wrote:

-Not yet; I'm after a copy now... I hope it isn't as terrible as DEERSKIN
-though? I admired that but I don't want to re-read it. I like my happy
-endings, as long as they fit the tone of the book.

OH NO!  You didn't like Deerskin?  I admit, it is different from her other
books, being of a much darker nature, but I have read it several times.  I
think it is satifying in a different way.  She got a lot of flack for that
one.  It isn't a comforting story, that's for sure.

Rose Daughter is not like Deerskin at all--in that manner, anyway.  McKinley
herself prefers it to her first version of Beauty.

Sarah