[Re: Disappointing bits]

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Sat Dec 25 00:59:16 EST 1999

> Re: Beauty
>
> That always frustrated me also-especially the part where the Beast
forgets his
> name.  How can you forget your name?!  The whole ending does seem rather
> convenient, but it was her very first book.

I do know that, but the rest of it was so accomplished I tend to forget.

>I prefer her second retelling of
> Beauty and the Beast--Rose Daughter.  Have you read that one?  It is one
of my
> faves.

Not yet; I'm after a copy now... I hope it isn't as terrible as DEERSKIN
though? I admired that but I don't want to re-read it. I like my happy
endings, as long as they fit the tone of the book.

Sallyo.
"And may the good Lord grant ye always such wonderful will and may His
light shine forever on ye." (Father Malley to the baby Mary Kelly, ANNA'S
OWN.)