Say, does anyone remember....

Karen M Frederickson frede005 at tc.umn.edu
Mon Dec 20 12:25:33 EST 1999

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Bodil Gram wrote:

(snip)

> The first two books I found deeply fascinating, full of dream-like and very
> vivid images, but to me, at least, the third book was a bit of a
> disappointment because the author "explains" much of the very exotic and
> innovative magic as some kind of extremely advanced science fiction.

This (the "explanation") is one of my pet peeves.  I created an example of
this  Thing I Hate Most:  that Excalibur's hilt has a mechanism to check
the DNA of the person grasping it, and only those of the right genetic
descent are allowed to pull out the sword.  Grr! (even hypothetically,
grr!)

Karen