Say, does anyone remember....

Bodil Gram bodil at hum.ku.dk
Mon Dec 20 12:10:22 EST 1999

Elise wrote:

>	This weekend I was trying to remember the author and the second and
>third books in, I think it was called, The Dark Angel trilogy.  First one
>was The Dark Angel, I think.  Was the author... Pierce?

The author is Meredith Ann Pierce.  The titles from the trilogy are:

The Darkangel
A Gathering of Gargoyles
The Pearl of the Soul of the World

>	I was thinking how I loved a part in it when the heroine, taken to
>drudge in the dark angel's castle, has to spin invisible thread from a
>spindle to make garments for the dark angel's wives, who are wraiths.  Come
>to think of it, I'd really like to read those again.

The first two books I found deeply fascinating, full of dream-like and very
vivid images, but to me, at least, the third book was a bit of a
disappointment because the author "explains" much of the very exotic and
innovative magic as some kind of extremely advanced science fiction.

Friendly greetings,
Bodil

Bodil Gram,  Aabent Universitet i Koebenhavn
www:  http://coco.ihi.ku.dk/~gram/privat.html
e-mail:  gram at hum.ku.dk
(if your letter gets caught by the anti-spam guard program,
 try writing to:  bodil  @  cutisan.dk   without the empty spaces)