Multiple genres

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Sun Dec 19 18:30:09 EST 1999

> > I also wonder, how common is it for writers to begin in one
> > genre but become established in quite another?

Elizabeth Peters/Barbara Michaels writes mysteries and paranormal romances,
and I know of several writers who write both children's books and/or
educational titles as well as general adults' titles. I write sci fi,
romance, children's books, educationals, spin-offs, storylines and verse...
I think it's more common in those who make a living from writing. Unless
you're a "best seller", you can't often sell enough copies of any one genre
to live on the proceeds.

Sallyo.

"O'Connor lost his life for love. He's willing to do it again."
(O'Connor's Last Stand - DSP 2000.)