Tepper

Tanaquil2 at aol.com Tanaquil2 at aol.com
Sat Dec 18 14:32:35 EST 1999

In a message dated 12/18/99 1:39:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, JOdel at aol.com
writes:
>> Aha!  Pray tell us more!
>Alas, nothing more to be said. Both serieses are current and should be
>available (I don't recall whether they are HB as well as pb. The Olliphant
>concern an older woman who started out with a ranch in Colorado (I think) I
>read one of them and it didn't grab me. The Ordes center around a
>30-something man, raised in an orphanage, who now has a very high-end
antique
>buisness. The first three read like a trillogy, since they deal with his own
>(unknown) background, touching upon the auto accident which killed his wife
>and permanently damaged his son. His girlfriend is a policewoman. These are
>fairly interesting in light of what some of you have had to say about her
>fantasies in that they are told in first-person narriative by the malke
>protagonist.

        That is interesting; many of her fantasies seem to be from multiple
viewpoints.  I also wonder, how common is it for writers to begin in one
genre but become established in quite another?  Heyer wrote both romances and
mysteries, and perhaps is a shade better known for the romances.  And Sayers
was known for her translations too, wasn't she?  But who else did this?

Thanks for the information!  Perhaps the library has some Ordes and
Olliphants...

bye,
Max