Another query

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Dec 18 06:29:33 EST 1999

Hi, Becca here. My mom asked about a Tanith Lee book that she can't
remember the name of, and I have another question.

Once, about a hundred years ago, Mom read a book to me. I remember that I
loved it, but I can't remember for the life of me the author of title. It
was about the Fens, and a girl who was betrothed to a fen-guy-person, but
she didn't want to marry him, although he was good and steadfast etc. The
Dutch people were coming to drain the Fens, and she met a Dutch person, and
fell in love with him, and people got mad. Mom says: Medieval? No, later.

There was a witch in it too, and something about a frog. And lots of boats,
and people walking on stilts. And the Dutch guy was going to go away, but
he'd come back and marry her.

Okay, that sounds sappy and corny and pathetic, but it wasn't at all like
that. The witch was so cool, as was the main character and the Dutch guy.
(Yes, I am very articulate today, am I not?)

Please tell me if this makes any sense whatsoever. Oh, and the name of the
book, if you know it.
I am being dragged away to do Chores. Noooooooo......
Becca