Remember who is Always Right

Fri Dec 17 17:22:29 EST 1999

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:30:33 -0500, McMullin, Elise wrote:

>	oh bah.  It turns out I will have to retract these requests to She
>Who Imagined Me.  My BF has reminded me that he sent me flowers for Bastille
>Day and a number of other days for no apparent reason (serendipitous
>enjoyable discovery) and that he fulfills the requirements of the other
>conditions, except for lottery winnings.  What an ingrate I am.  And of
>course, I realized that I never specified *who* would receive these lottery
>winnings.  So when my boss, my second cousin and my old gym teacher win,
>I'll have only my own lack of specificity to thank.  Bitter!  The devil's in
>the details.

As far as I can tell, my figments operate according to certain principles of
quantum physics--namely those exemplified by Schroedinger's Cat.  Notice how
you didn't remember all those things until AFTER you'd made the request?  In
reality, you hadn't actually gotten flowers until saying something and
allowing my subconscious to imagine, not only flowers, but a boyfriend for
you.  Aren't I sweet?

In other words (and to borrow from Terry Pratchett) you always had a
boyfriend, but you didn't always have one five minutes ago...

>	Though my bf raises one concern:
>"Couldn't She have imagined an independently wealthy me while she was at it?
>Or would that have been Too Easy?"

If he'd been independently wealthy he probably would have been courting
someone else.  Can't change too many variables at once, you know.  Besides,
look at the state of the world. Not everyone is fabulously wealthy.  (Come
to think of it, if you are all figments, I have a pretty sick
imagination....)

Melissa Proffitt,
holding the whole world
inside her tiny brain