theoretically "Re: an introduction, of sorts" but really lots of things

Fri Dec 17 01:48:52 EST 1999

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 00:51:14 EST, Tanaquil2 at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 12/16/99 11:07:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>Melissa at Proffitt.com writes:
>>I never even knew I was *supposed* to do this!  I think I
>>got plenty of reading time during the day...
>
>        That might be why.  I could read a lot at home, but 12 and up is when
>I really started reading under the bedclothes, because in school our days
>were so regimented and then after supper we had prep, then bedtime.  After
>lights out was the only time to read what you wanted, and you kind of need
>light to do it....

It makes a ton of sense.  When you get to high school (here in America, and
assuming you're in a public high school that is) the teachers are always
telling you you should spend at least an hour studying per hour in class, or
something like that.  Well, heck, I read a lot faster than that.  Is there
really any point to me spending MORE than the fifteen minutes I actually
needed to finish my homework?  I didn't think so.

I didn't do a lot more than the absolute bare minimum in school.

Melissa Proffitt
(I'm going to bed now, I swear it, I've posted way too much today but it's
just been one of those days)