the unreasoning power of the media

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Dec 17 00:40:30 EST 1999

Melissa wrote:

>Her revenge is that I now have a daughter who does it to me.  When she
>finally learns to read I plan to install an intercom system to her bedroom.
>With a screamer circuit.

Can you believe the girls actually have a relative who had the family rule
that anyone reading could not be disturbed for any reason?  Lovely idea and
all, but only if one is the reader.  I suppose in our case it wouldn't
matter that my children would never do their homework, brush their teeth or
put their dirty clothes in the hamper, as I would never get them to school,
take them to the dentist, or wash the clothes anyway!  It's a pleasant way
to have Life grind to a halt though.

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie