Five Go Mad in Dorset

Tanaquil2 at aol.com Tanaquil2 at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 00:48:29 EST 1999

In a message dated 12/16/99 2:47:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hedberg at vermontel.net writes:

>Five Go Mad in Dorset
>What a title!
>
>There is no reference in Reel.com or IMDB.com to this title per se (though
>there is a reference to Jennifer Saunders's role under:
>http://us.imdb.com/Name?Saunders,+Jennifer
>
>Do tell more!

        It's so long since I saw it (15+ years!) that I can't really do it
justice!  If I remember correctly, there were Julian, Dick, Anne, George, and
Timmy the dog.  Julian was the eldest (but I don't remember the actor's
name--he was v funny though):

        Anne: "Oh, Julian you are extraordinarily mature!"
        Julian: "Yes, I am, aren't I?"

Dick was Adrian Edmondson, v clean-cut and 'sensitive,' (the opposite of
Vyvyan in the "The Young Ones.")  Anne was Jennifer Saunders (sort of Narnia
Susanish), George was a 'Tomboy' (Dawn French).  Timmy was--Timmy:

        "Oh look!  Timmy's fallen over!"
        "Never mind, Anne.  We'll get you a new dog."

As with the EB books, I think they are on holiday staying with an aunt(?)
maybe, and because they are so nosy they get involved in some mystery they
attempt to solve.

Tarja may remember more details.  I hope so because it really was hilarious!

In a message dated 12/16/99 2:21:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tarja.rainio at helsinki.fi writes:
>Have to say that "Five Go Mad in Dorset" is just hilarious

I do remember that the Comic Strip Presents did a bunch of other mini-movies
too:
"A Fistful of Traveller's Checks"  (speaks for itself!), and "Consuela" which
was a spoof of all the Hitchcock movies at once, especially "Rebecca," and
had Dawn French in the title role.  Can't remember the others though.

just did a quick search:
http://www.prairienet.org/britcom/BD/SubjectIndex/ComicStripPresents.html

for a list of the actors involved; not much more there though :(

Hoping Tarja has more!

Max