the unreasoning power of the media

PREISIG, Kylie Kylie.Preisig at qed.qld.gov.au
Thu Dec 16 18:26:45 EST 1999

It doesn't really take that long.  It only took me a couple of weeks to do
the 500+ books I had when I created my database (which is just an Excel
spreadsheet).  If you get a stack of books and get into a rhythm you can
whiz through them.  Though I don't guarantee that at the end of you won't be
blind at the keyboard...

No matter what database you use you'd still have to enter the same amount of
data.  I guess my only recommendation would be to make sure the data entry
side of it is as friendly to your needs as possible, or to perhaps consider
entering data into something friendlier and importing it into the final
database.

Kylie