the unreasoning power of the media

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Thu Dec 16 14:50:47 EST 1999

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 00:02:53 -0700, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

>>>        But not under the bedclothes I hope!  <picturing tragic scenario a la
>>>Jane Eyre>
>>
>>Nope.  I used those to stuff under the door so no light would show . . .
>
>Wow, you must have been desperate.  :)

Desperate?  Yeah.  I never did solve the window problem, though.  Windows
tend to leak light *out* as well as in.  At least I was never desperate (or
clever) enough to read in the closet.  I've always been a night-person
trapped in a world ruled by day.  Night time was my time where I could do
what I want.  What I wanted was to read.

Jacob Proffitt