kids fantasy & other off-topics

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 11:47:14 EST 1999

In a message dated 12/15/99 8:14:16 PM, hedberg at vermontel.net writes:

<< My fiancee is looking for a pair of books by the same author she read
when she was 12 which sound tantalizingly familiar, but which I can't place:

I don't know about the second of those books, but the first is The Satanic
Mill by Ot(something) Pruessler(?) (some german name).

Aha, I see that others already answered this.

I think apart from three of the true game books (the Jinian trilogy) the only
other fantasy of Teper's I've read was an early one called Marianne, the
Magician and the Manticore (the three were not necessarily in that order). It
was all right, not so compelling that I ever felt myself called to read any
of her more recent ones. I do enjoy one of her mystery serieses, though. (She
has two. One under B.J. Oliphant, the other as A. E. Orde.)